Thursday, April 14, 2011

Turtle Races!

It was turtle race time at Awana last night! I had never seen them do these before so I was a little clueless. :) They seem kind of tedious to me (Very turtle-ish. Lol), but the kids had a blast! Daddy took these videos for me since I was in with the little Cubbies. However, I did get to come later with my group to watch a match they did just for us, and guess who won?! Alysabeth!! Yay! :) Unfortunately, that one wasn't caught on video, but she was happy knowing that we all got to see it!

So, a younger group of Sparkies went first. Here is Nathan's race! :) One little guy got a tad frustrated with the progress (not sure I would have made it either. Haha).


And then the older kids! This one went a little smoother. Here is Alysabeth! :)


So, needless to say they had fun.

Katie, in Cubbies, colored pictures and practiced singing on stage with her group, then got to watch the T & T kids do a car race before we headed to the turtle races. So, she wasn't left out! :)

__________________________________

Now this morning... Dear little Katie woke up and her first words to me were, "Mommy, I don't want to die." And I told her that I didn't want her to die either. Then she said, "I want to be safe." Again I agreed with her. Then, "Mom, can you keep Jade away from me?" Turns out she had a bad dream and our cat, Jade, has been paying for it ever since. She turned to face her quickly and said, "Jade don't you ever kill me again!" Oh, kids are sooo funny sometimes. Haha!

Blessings!
Photobucket

No comments: