Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One Fun, Busy Week!

The kiddos received a package from Grandma in Texas this week full of all kinds of goodies! A movie for Nathan, earrings for Beth, and a necklace and Easter nails for Katie! You can't tell by the picture that she loved them, can you? Lol!


On Thursday night, after bath, I braided Beth's hair. She had been begging me ever since she first noticed how curly Katie's hair was after her braid came out. (Katie wants her hair in a braid after every bath! Though, I have only ever done a single french braid.) So, to make sure it was really curly we did a bunch of them. :) Now, Curly Sue was pretty tired for this next photo, since it was very early that next morning, but here she is!

On Friday night we spent the evening with my Dad, my sister, and my brother-in-law. My mom, being in South Carolina, couldn't come.

On Saturday morning we had pancakes, and the kiddos and I attempted making a few animals. One for each kid. You know, it's a lot harder then it looks!! A much bigger spatula is essential for flipping these big awkward things!
Of course, a giraffe for Nathan. His favorite animal. :)
A horse for Beth.
And a kitty for the Katie. :)


And then, that afternoon and evening, we hung out with Scott, Missy and their family. Yummy homemade corn dogs were on the menu!! :)

Easter morning we all got up early. The kids discovered their baskets. Nathan was the first bugger up and, surprisingly, I actually had to remind him to look at his basket. So, with Nathan making all kinds of excited squeals, the other kids weren't far behind. :)

Well, sad to say, I didn't get a picture of any of the kids dressed up for Easter service. I have no idea what I was thinking! But, anyway, that morning, we enjoyed a breakfast put on by the youth group of eggs, pancakes, sausage, and bacon, and an excellent sermon. The kids had a special Easter Sunday school. It is so important to stress the true meaning of this wonderful day! Then heading home we had Easter dinner and naturally ate more then we should. The kids, however, got to work off their meal with an Easter egg hunt, and now we officially have way too much candy! :D The kids would seriously disagree with that last statement, but trust me, its true!

I've managed to cram a lot into one post! We've apparently been pretty busy!

God Bless! And hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!!
Photobucket

No comments: