Thursday, December 2, 2010

'Tis The Season!


Yay! The Christmas tree is up and the kids had a blast decorating their first full size tree! :) We used bits of garland and pieces of the paper chain they made last year as well as the homemade ornaments and purchased ones. The kids were allowed to decorate as they pleased and they did a wonderful job of it! :) Afterward we took them to Wal-Mart and allowed them to each pick out an ornament for the tree. You can definitely see their personalities in their choices!

First off is Alysabeth's. Not only does she love stars she loves the color green! :)

Naturally, Nathan chose an animal. :) 

And who would of guessed this last one. Lol! Yes, Katie, my shoe lover, chose - a shoe! :)

Ah, yes. I think I know my kids! Lol! The tree has brought so much excitement that Nathan thinks every day now is Christmas. Hard to explain this to him... :) Lol! Katie finds the ornaments almost irresistible and has already broken three small white balls. You know, she must examine them all! She will even bring in the step stool so she can reach more of them. And Alysabeth would like to move into the living room to sleep. I can relate. When I was a little girl I would sneak upstairs, turn on the tree lights and sleep by the tree. There is something comforting about the soft glow of those tiny bulbs.*Sigh* I love this time of year!

Photobucket

No comments: